Digital Signage is an another branch of electronic signage that uses digital technology to display images, information, data, video, web pages, weather pages, restaurant menus, text, etc. They use LCD and LED technologies with inbuilt software to manage the content. Digital media signage is usually found in public places where a piece of information, advertisement, and data needs to be conveyed to a large number of audiences. The information is centrally managed either from digital signage software installed in the display or from a remote location with a help of a connected computer. Hardware along with the signage software makes a complete Digital Signage System or Digital Signage Solution.
Digital Signage Solutions include Digital Display, Vertical Signage (or Digital Standee), Digital Sign Board, Digital Screen, Information Kiosk, LED Display Wall, Video Wall, etc along with a functional Digital Signage Software
What is Digital Signage Used For?
There are many roles and functions of Digital Signage technology. They fetch many beneficial results to the businesses and organizations, that’s why nowadays more and more corporates are investing in digital signage solutions. Read further to know about the uses and benefits of digital signage platform.
- Public Information: It can be used to disseminate public information like weather report, maps, fire exits, traveller information, bulletin, special notice, etc.
- Messages: When deployed in offices and organizations like schools or colleges, it can be used by administration to announce an important message like invitation for an upcoming event, meeting, seminar, conference, etc.
- Product Information: Outside malls and shops, the owners can display lucrative shopping deals and product details to lure customers to their shops. It can also be used in restaurants to display food menu, ingredient details, deals, etc.
- Advertisement: Digital Display is also used in public places for brand promotion and advertisement. It is a great means to attract large number of audiences and turn them into customers.
- Improving Customer Experience: When a customer walks into a retail store, he gets influenced by the surrounding and ambience of the room. Digital Signage impacts their buying practices and encourages them to make purchase.
- Reduces Wait Time: At places like restaurants, airports, railway stations, take-aways, etc, digital signage like information kiosk, vertical signage, digital touch table let customers explore self-services like ordering a dish, book a ticket, issue platform ticket, check flight running status, check train schedule, etc. This reduces the queue at manual query windows and waiting time for customers.
- Navigation: In some places like roads, subway stations, metro stations, airports, shopping malls, digital signage like vertical signage (standee), information kiosk, digital touch table, etc can be used for wayfinding. They can be updated with a navigation app and the customers can access the maps on the digital signage.
- Reservation: At railway stations, airports, bus stops, etc, digital signage can be used to book tickets, cancel tickets or check transport status easily. This helps them avail services without having to stand in a queue at a window.
How to Create Digital Signage?
With the help of interactive software that are available these days, building up a digital signage is as easy as a cakewalk. You just have to purchase a digital signage hardware. Some companies like Globus Infocom in India provide Digital Signage Hardware along with a Signage Software to create your own digital signage easily. You can visit their website and place your query to buy a digital signage solution.
How Digital Signage Works
Digital Signage is a hardware that contains various components like a touch-enabled display, keyboard, software, media player and an on-system chip. The chip pushes the content to the media player, which is thereby displayed on a screen. The users can give command to the chip. The admin can manage the content with an inbuilt content management system or digital signage software. This can be done remotely or locally both.